Monday, June 6, 2011

When it Rains it Pours

Oh, hi...

Kareoke Place right next to my home and the train station...I'll go there soon I'm sure...they offer all you can drink for 20 dollars and you can stay til the break of dawn in a private kareoke room

Japan...Yeah...it's been a roller coaster. I had my birthday last week, which was eventful to say the least. <3. They were kind enough to make me a cake out of doughnuts, thankfully, I didn't devour the thing and adhered to my diet somewhat, even if the beers did negate it in the end...

Right after my haircut...can you even tell :P


After Thai, I got to see what I consider to be a pretty posh Japanese co-worker apartment. It was interesting seeing the variations of Kings (drinking game) even if I did end up losing to the Kings cup for ultimate drunkification in the end. Nicole took me to Osaka for a factory/warehouse techno dance party which was sahhhweet but!...

Foreigners, come off as foreign even to me sometimes. I thought I had escaped most of the sleazy attributes of American culture in the past month, since I've only seen rural nightlife, for the most part, and been in the company of native Japanese at the local watering holes; they are so friendly and fun :) But at the club it was a cocktail of international diversity. I met some great people, like this one cool French model (male unfortunately ;) ) who told me my 4 years of French from all the way back in high school was very impressive and clean.

Ahhh Japanese work ethic...If only I was so tired from my limitless efforts that I  could pass out on trains in such a way


The place was packed but it was cool having to pay less than girls, for a change, to get in, maybe they prefer foreigners there, or it was my Tobi appearance paying off. The only thing I did not enjoy about the night was witnessing other Americans or other English speakers going through the same old "sarging" or "pick up" routine on naive or drunk Japanese girls, clueless to the game. But I'll rant no more on that.

My euphoria stage is coming to a close as I really need to stop spending and buckle down in many areas. I've seen and experienced a ton in only one month's time as I've been to Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Obama, Nagoya, and several other little towns, although I've only seen snips and pieces of each. I can't seem to refuse an invite out or a chance to go experience something fun. I need more consistency and structure...at least I'm doing well at the gym ;) I can't let myself be frustrated so easily by my flaws, as well. I really need to leap or make better attempts for things I really want. I'm tired of letting good things pass by, especially great things. I have to keep moving forward, even if is one small improvement or step at a time. I am surprised by how much I enjoy teaching kids, even if I don't love other aspects of the job as much, but I seem to have a stronger nack (sp?) for teaching 5-13 year olds than I do for 2-4...I am the suck at that -_-, must improve like GTO would. Today comes as a therapeutic post for stress relieving purposes: classes could have gone better today, my internet is slow as butt tonight, I got home too late to go work out so now I need to get up early to do it, I was sick all Saturday and Sunday from a chest cold and hangover, and I  didn't get half the errands I had intended to, finished.

My bar! Bar Paraiso (a two minute bike ride away)...Love the staff...they always say "see you tomorrow" when I leave...haha I need to slow down


Also, I got my first haircut in Japan!...if you can call it that haha. I tried to explain that I practically wanted it buzzed to a crew cut, but in the end he left it to be, what I consider, still pretty long. I didn't have the patience or heart to ask him to fix it, but it looks fine...can't wait for my hairline to recede more though X_x

Random kitties I saw at a store...nothing real Japanese about it :p

So that was MY weekend! How was yours. Kappo-kun is coming in a little over a week which should be noice. Sadly, that means more debauchery of my own and money down the drain...but totally worth the Japanese experience ;) Better days to come. Catch ya later ~

No comments:

Post a Comment